Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Making Memories...






Hurry, the sun is in my eyes!
 






I think the fish was thirsty too!





When I began blogging, my intentions were to share more of my life before children and grandchildren and a little less of my life as it is today. Somewhere along the line, I have reversed my intentions and find myself sharing mostly my day to day experiences with my "wild and wonderful" grandsons. It seems like the only thing "backwoods" about my blog anymore is me (I did grow up in the sticks, ya know) and I guess that is kinda what I am "exposing" anyway. Right?? Well, I am going to try to mix it up a little more and include some of my past and some of Nana's recipes like I promised, but not today! Today, I am going to share a little more of my life as a grandmother. (uh, KK that is!) And before I share, I want to tell you a little secret. So Shhhh, it is something I am tickled pink (or blue) about. My son and daughter-in-law are expecting their first child. Okay, now that I have brought you up to date, I want you to see what I have been up to with the little guy the last couple of days. While the big guy is studying away in kindergarten and tackling everyone on the playground (another note came home from his teacher today regarding this), the little guy and I have been making memories as I like to call it.
This tackling issue has been a problem since he was about 2 years old. If he does not wind up playing professional football, I will be very surprised. He loves football and he likes tackling even better. He is fast and fearless!!! He believes he is 10 feet tall and has super powers. Believe me when I say this, his Mommy and Daddy don't take his behavior at school or anywhere else lightly. He spends many hours in timeout, he loses favorite toys and privileges, but so far, nothing is painful enough to keep him from "playing too rough with other boys". Enough about that!
Yesterday, the little guy and I picked up chick-fil-a and headed to the park for a picnic and playtime. After the kindergartner got home from school, we headed outside to play with the neighborhood kids. They organized a talent show and had a "water stand" (none of the parents sitting outside, including me, would go inside and make lemonade) Sorry, the weather was just too nice to leave for a minute! It brought back a lot of childhood memories. It is so cute watching their little imaginations at work. My little guy had a drum stick and he was directing the singers. The big guy was running in and out of the house bringing bottles of water. A group of four kids rode up on a golf cart and started talking to our group when the neighbor boy spoke up and said ya'll will have to leave because you didn't buy advance tickets for the talent show. Oh, I forgot to mention, the charge was $1.00 per person but if you had a kid in the show, you didn't have to pay. Everyone sitting outside had a kid in the show so I don't think it was very profitable, if you get my point.
The little guy appointed himself director.
Today was a gorgeous 77 degrees.  The little guy and I began our day at the hair salon getting him a haircut.  It was a perfect day to play on the beach so that is exactly where we spent the remainder of the day.  Oh, what fun we had. 










No comments:

Post a Comment