Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Typical Day

I am at my daughter's home today and our 5 year old has a T-ball game at 5:30 tonight.  Since he has to be there early for warm up and batting practice, we (me, the little guy and the 5 year old) will meet Mommy and Daddy at the game.  This means, KK has her work cut out for her today which is early dismissal day at school.  Once he gets home, the two little monkeys start acting like "two little monkeys"!  They cannot keep their hands off of each other no matter whether they are playing or watching a movie.  They love to wrestle and you know how much the big guy likes to tackle! (no football uniform needed)  All I can say is the little guy is going to be one tough cookie one day and you know what they say about paybacks!! 
I got an early start this a.m. to Publix so I could prepare a big pot of my homemade vegetable soup.  Well, two pots of soup since my daughter is vegetarian and everyone else in the family likes their meat. I had to make something easy since we won't get back from the game until after 7:00 and the boys need to be in bed by 8:00.  I'm thinking an apple cake sounds really good too with this cooler weather :)
My little superhero played so hard this morning he climbed up on the couch after lunch and fell asleep.  He got a 45 minute nap in before I had to get him up to pick Max (the dog) up from the doggie parlour then on to pick up the kindergartner.  Mommy might not be real happy with that little power nap when he is still up at 9:00 tonight but it surely helped me out.   





The hardest part of the day was getting the ball player dressed including finding everything he "needs" to go in his equipment bag.  Boy, times have changed since my son and daughter played T-ball.   Well, we are off to the ball field!!   Do you hear me singing?  Take me out to the ball game.  Take me out with the crowd.  Buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks, I don't care if I ever get back.  Let me root, root, root for the home team.  If they don't win it's a shame.  For it's one, two, three strikes you're out at the old ball game.

P.S.  Shhhh.   Hope Mommy doesn't read my blog and see those cleats on the couch!

Terreckly,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment