Friday, October 29, 2010

Easy chocolate tofu pie!

Well, it is the furthest thing from Nana's yummy chocolate pie with her delicious meringue on top but it is yummy and much healthier.  I was craving chocolate today as I perused the aisles in the grocery store.  As I went through the health food section, I spotted the granola pie crust that my Publix has unfortunately discontinued.  It is about the only "graham cracker type" that I have found that doesn't have high fructose corn syrup or trans fat or something artificial.  I grabbed it and the other two ingredients, came home, and whipped it up so it would be ready after dinner tonight.  I have listed the recipe below in case you want to try it. 

2 boxes of mori-nu extra firm tofu, drained
6 oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate morsels, melted
1 granola pie crust




Melt chocolate chips in double boiler.  Put drained tofu in blender and pour chocolate in with spatula.  Blend thoroughly and pour into pie crust.  Refrigerate for a couple of hours.  Keep refrigerated.

Note - You can use another brand of tofu (extra firm) if you like.  You can also put cool whip on top and decorate with chocolate chips.  I have done this several times and everyone loves it.  I don't tolerate dairy so I leave mine plain.  It is still yummy.

Terreckly,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment