Friday, October 8, 2010

Happy Autumn!

Go Gators!
Autumn has officially arrived and I love it, especially the crispness in the air and the delicious apples that are so plentiful! Unfortunately, my least favorite holiday, Halloween, falls in this season. As it approaches and all the stores are filled with costumes and scary, gruesome decorations, I have very mixed feelings. I love the color orange everywhere (of course I do, my favorite football team, the Gators are orange) and enjoy picking out just the right pumpkin. I love pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin rolls, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin coffee and just about anything made with pumpkin. I do not exactly consider myself a Halloween scrooge, I just don't like the "creepiness" the holiday brings. I don't mind buying candy and handing it out to all the little princesses' and superheros. (even though I don't like opening the door over and over for mosquitoes to come in my house) It is actually the adults that dress up and trick or treat, that "creep" me out! Costumes give people a reason to act crazy and I don't like that. There is nothing fun to me about being scared or scaring anyone else. I don't really see the thrill of haunted houses either. Touching icky stuff, having the feeling of spiders crawling all over me and hearing a chainsaw running all in the dark is just not my idea of fun. Nor is seeing a bloody body rise from the dead in a coffin.  Believe it or not, there are a couple things I really like about Halloween. My Father was born on October 31st. I also like the way stores have jumbo bags filled with tiny snack size pretzels, raisins, chocolate kisses, etc. They are the perfect size for my little guys (and me) to have throughout the year. (I wish food companies would package them this way year round.)
I hope you have a wonderful fall season and I am not judging you if you enjoy dressing up or decorating your home with skeletons, witches, ghost and goblins. (My daughter has a few cute little bats hanging around that the boys made at school)   Happy Halloween or Happy Autumn whichever you prefer!

Terreckly,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment