Sunday, August 22, 2010

Exercising Your Body and Spirit



Sundays inspire me! I am a Christian. I believe that God created the earth and that he sent his son to die for all of mankind. On Sundays, my hubby and I rise early and enjoy breakfast and coffee together as we catch up on life as we know it. Many times during the week, he is traveling on business and I am so privileged to spend several of my days each week taking care of grandsons. On Sundays, we attend church together for spiritual growth and guidance. We always say, it gives us a great start to our week ahead.

I am in a different frame of mind on Sundays. I walk whenever I can for exercise but on Sundays, my husband and I take an extra long walk. When we are done, I feel relaxed and rejuvenated. I feel empowered. During the week, when I work out at the gym, I have a workout partner, a good friend. (There are friends, and there are really good friends) When we are there, we push and encourage each other. We both know that it is easier with a partner as you are always reminded, someone is counting on you. Ecclesiastes 4:9 states, "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work." This verse proves why we need to encourage one another. I love exercising. (once I get there) It relieves stress, it makes me feel more fit and it allows me to bond with friends.

The bible reminds us that we also need to be exercising godliness. If my rewards are this good with physical exercise, imagine if I spend the same amount of time on exercising godliness. It says in 1 Timothy 4: 7-8 "Rather train yourself for godliness: for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come."
Just as you are careful about the food you put into your body, God commands us to consume good and wholesome things - filter your thoughts. When we were in St. Augustine for the month of May, we attended the Good News Presbyterian Church. One Sunday, the youth minister spoke and at the end of the service, he passed out laminated cards with the following bible verse. I love this scripture and I keep it on the dash of my car so I can read it daily. I will leave you with this thought. Phil 4:8 "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things."
God Bless,
Kathy

Daily Thought:
If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else. - Booker T. Washington

No comments:

Post a Comment