Friday, March 11, 2011

Spring is in the Air...

Spring is in the air, and we're almost ready to break out of hibernation and move back outdoors. The days are gradually getting longer and temperatures are pushing into the 80's, at least here in Florida. I love to take my camera when I go on walks...just in case I happen upon something interesting, or beautiful. As my hubby and I were walking last weekend, we spotted a tree that was bursting with gorgeous yellow blossoms. I am posting it and hope it lifts your spirits as it did ours. Nothing is prettier than plush green grass (we're getting there) and colorful flowers in full bloom (I'll be planting this weekend), unless you, unfortunately, have springtime allergies. After months of cabin fever, our little guys are lovin' this weather. Trust me, they need to be outdoors as much as possible, soaking up that Florida sunshine (with sunscreen, of course) and exercising their little bodies.

Maybe you don't like to take walks but, whatever it is that makes you happy, as long as it is wholesome and healthy, "just do it"! Unhappiness and stress takes a toll on our mind and bodies and is just not healthy. Sometimes, we are in unexpected situations that are not by choice but I think a beautiful day outdoors can do wonders for our state of mind. Oh, by the way, my philosophy is "If you don't like what is going on in your life, change it." There! It is that simple. The best way to live a fulfilling life is to make it exactly what you want it to be. You are in control and you are the one that can make it happen.

For those of you who rarely venture out to play, step outside the box. (pun intended) for a little fresh air. Take in the beautiful colors, the birds singing and the gorgeous blue skies. If you enjoy walking or running, grab your IPod, download "Feelin Groovy" by Simon and Garfunkel and head out. (don't forget your camera)   And, don't forget to look up and thank God for all the beauty he has created.

No comments:

Post a Comment