Thursday, July 29, 2010

Summer memories


As far back as I can remember my sister and I spent many summer days with our grandparents (Nana and Gramps) while our parents worked. Some of my fondest memories were made there. I could not wait until school was out for the summer so I could spend time with them. I have never met a cook that could match my Nana. She never went by her recipes (a pinch of this and a pinch of that) but everything she prepared was yummy. I do not believe I ever showed up at her house that she did not have a cake or pie ready (just in case company dropped by). I will be sharing many of her recipes in future blogs. My gramps was a true southern gentleman. He was the kindest, most patient man I know and in his eyes, I could do no wrong. He had a farm a few miles from their home and that is where I learned to drive when I was about 12 years old. Nana and Gramps lived a simple, no frills life in a very small country town (population...maybe 500). They taught me about unconditional love and allowed me opportunities that I will treasure for the rest of my life. Thanks for the memories and I miss you so much Nana and Gramps.

No comments:

Post a Comment